Level 3 Rope Access Supervisors
A Level 3 qualified Rope Access supervisor is an integral part of a rope access team. They ensure safety protocols are followed and are ultimately responsible for the whole Rope Access team on any job.
Regardless of the complexity of a rope access job rope access companies must have a Level 3 trained supervisor on site to manage their rope access team. This is a standard requirement put forward by both IRATA and SPRAT to ensure that the highest level of safety is met across rope access companies.
What Is a Level 3 Rope Access Supervisor Responsible for?
A Level 3 Supervisor has a range of responsibilities including:
- Ensuring technicians comply with the Master Risk Assessment for a worksite.
- Keeping up to date with relevant work techniques and legislation
- An ability to demonstrate all the skills and knowledge required of levels 1 and 2
- Hacing a comprehensive knowledge of advanced rescue techniques and take charge of planning detailed rescue plans.
- Holding a current first aid certificate
- Conducting any work area and rope anchor inspections and ensuring the work area is free from hazards
- Having familiarity with the contents of the IRATA ICOP
- An ability to respons to site emergency situations
- Correctly checking and inspecting equipment
- Ensuring all team members have the required experience, capabilities and skill to complete the tasks at hand.
Rope Access Company Covering the UK & Europe
Inspection & Rope Access Specialists are a rope access company based in Glenrothes, Fife but provide rope access services across the UK and Europe. Our team have worked on some of the largest offshore installations, building a wealth of knowledge and experience about the challenges and techniques needed to work at height. Within our team we have Level 3 qualified supervisors who oversee all of our projects to maintain their safety. For more information about working with us or to find out more please get in touch. Our team will be happy to help.
- Tagged as:
- Rope Access Specialist